Chicken fajitas are known as a celebration of flavors and textures, and when paired with a mango habanero marinade, the fusion of fiery sweetness and zesty vibrance elevates the senses and creates a true symphony of culinary deliciousness in your mouth! This cast-iron chicken fajitas with mango habanero marinade recipe doesn’t just create a meal, it’s a story on a plate, bringing together the hearty satisfaction of cast-iron cooking with the exotic allure of tropical fruits and spices.
The primary protein for this dish, chicken, is known for its tender, juicy meat that becomes a sponge for every flavor. The mangoes bring a rich sweetness and the perfect base for the marinade sauce, while the habanero packs a fiery punch and provides a subtle compliment to the mango sweetness. The bell peppers and onions add a crisp colorful crunch to contrast the softness of the chicken, and dashes of garlic, lime, cilantro, and spices such as cumin, pepper, and paprika all help to deepen the flavor profile and enhance the dish’s overall complexity.
Chicken Fajitas w/Mango Habanero Salsa Ingredients List:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Mango + Habanero Zalsa from Ezra Cohen Montreal
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chicken Preparation: Thinly slice the chicken and coat it with the lime juice. Season with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper, patting the slices to ensure absorption.
- Place the thinly sliced and seasoned chicken into the mango habanero salsa, making sure each piece is well-coated. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your cast iron skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Once hot, add the marinated chicken slices. Cook each side for about 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked and slightly charred.
- Remove the chicken and set aside. In the same skillet, add more oil if needed, and sauté the bell peppers and onions until they turn translucent and soften.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet, mixing everything well. Let it cook together for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides, like tortillas, sour cream, cilantro, or guacamole.
We hope you enjoy this delicious cast iron chicken fajitas w/mango habanero marinade recipe! Browse through Ezra Cohen Montreal’s various zalsas to discover more options to excite your palate! And don’t hesitate to contact us today for any questions or comments.