Today, from Ezra Cohen Montreal, we’re introducing a recipe that’s a little different from our previous entries. Typically, in the past, we’ve introduced helpful ways to incorporate healthy nut butters into your diet, but we realized that these benefits don’t necessarily need to stop with us. So, in the spirit of sharing, we’ve gone ahead and created a simple, tasty recipe that all your furry four-legged companions will bark head over heels for!
We’re sharing with you all, a homemade peanut butter dog treats recipe that will produce over 100 delicious dog bone cookies for all breeds and sizes. Using just four ingredients and a few utensils, you’ll have these amazing cookies ready for your dog in less than 30 minutes. Find the full recipe details below.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Ezra Cohen’s nut butter-(whichever flavor your pooch likes)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce or mashed banana-(whatever your furry friend prefers)
- 1/4 cup vegetable, chicken or beef stock
- Bone shaped cookie cutter
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Ungreased Baking Sheet
- Rolling Pin
Here’s How You’ll Do It
- First up, preheat your oven to 350°F and let it heat up while you prepare the treats
- Take the large mixing bowl and combine your flour, Ezra Cohen nut butter, and either your apple sauce or mashed bananas, stir this mixture consistently while adding your desired stock, the mixture will begin to form a dough
- Keep mixing this combination until the dough becomes thick, malleable, and slightly damp, then use your hands to form the dough into a large ball
- Place the dough onto a flat surface, roll out evenly with a rolling pin until the dough is roughly ¼ inch thick, next use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into shapes–(we personally like using dog bone cutters)
- Your final step is to simply place them in the oven, and let ‘em bake until golden brown!
Check Out Our Nut Butters Now!
If these dog treats sound like something your pupper would drool over, then head over to our product page and checkout all the flavors of nut butter we have available. Our very own Ezra Cohen, McGill University graduate and health guru, worked hard to find the simplest tasty treat for our canine companions. So, if you’re looking for the next best twist on dog treats, then get yourself a jar of our nut butter today!