Our very own Ezra Cohen, McGill University graduate and healthy food guru, believes in a simple mantra; healthy food should come in delicious recipes. And today, he wants to share another new one with you, a peanut butter smoothie bowl that’s easy to make and filled with organic, natural ingredients to fuel your active lifestyle. Our nut butters are designed to enhance taste, elevate your culinary creations, and of course, provide a healthy, but delicious ingredient.
As you may have already guessed, today’s recipe will call for two primary ingredients, bananas and our all-natural nut butter. These will become the base components of the smoothie bowl, and any further ingredients are mostly customizable, but below we’ll share some of our favorites that will add a dash of flair and a pinch of flavor.
Here’s Everything You’ll Need
Below, we’ve listed all the ingredients you’ll need, or might need, to create your perfect peanut butter smoothie bowl. Prep time is less than 5 minutes, and total creation time will take you less than 10!
*all quantities provide 1 serving
- ½ frozen banana, ½ non-frozen sliced banana for topping
- 1 tablespoon of Ezra Cohen Montreal all-natural nut butter
- Dates, granola, kefir grains, acai, and chia seeds for toppings, mixtures, or additives
- Almond milk- recommended for a “smoother” base
Preparation/ Cooking Instructions
- Using a preferred blender, place the frozen bananas inside first, then fill with 1 tablespoon of our all-natural nut butter(these will be your base ingredients)
- Place any other desired ingredients in the blender next—-> we recommend dates, acai, or kefir grains(they provide good taste and texture that will help create a tastier experience)
- Once the frozen bananas, nut butter, and all other desired ingredients are placed inside, blend the mixture until finely smooth, for a greater consistency we advise using a splash of almond milk as well
- Pour the mixture into your preferred bowl and then garnish with any toppings you desire—> granola, chia seeds, banana slices, and peanut butter drizzle are great choices for flavor and for adding a crunchy exterior
The recipe is easy and simple to follow, does not require a ton of your time, and comes with a quick cleanup. These smoothie bowls are great for a powerful punch of morning protein, or a quick energy snack to get over that midday hump. Don’t settle for healthy recipes that are tasteless or bland, try incorporating our amazing nut butters and feel healthy, while tasting excellence. Visit our website to find more recipes, a list of our nut butters, or find out how we’re a breakout star in our industry. Contact Ezra Cohen Montreal and get in touch with our team today!