This Thai stir fry recipe is perfect for those nights when you don’t want to cook something too complicated and you aren’t in the mood for takeout, either.
Another thing that makes this Thai vegetable stir fry so great is the fact that you can customize it to your liking. Want to swap out the mushrooms for broccoli? Go ahead. Feel like tossing some sliced carrots into the pan? You’re more than welcome!
The recipe below is simply the Ezra Cohen Montreal way of whipping up an easy Thai recipe. These ingredients are recommended to stay true to those authentic Thai flavors that you know and love.
Thai Stir Fry Ingredients
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1 cup Scallions chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and minced
- 8 oz Mushrooms sliced
- Rice Noodles cooked
- Spicy Cashew Sauce
- 1/3 cup Cashew Butter
- 2 tbsp Spicy Sesame Oil (or regular sesame oil with a dash of hot sauce)
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp Water (Use less for a thicker sauce, more for a thinner sauce)
Healthy Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
- Make the sauce
Combine all ingredients except water in a small bowl. Whisk everything together until well combined. Finally, add 3 tbsp of water, adding one additional teaspoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Sauté Vegetables
Place a large skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic. Sauté for three to five minutes or until the onions are translucent and start to brown. Remove onions and garlic from the pan and place them in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil to the same pan. Add sliced mushrooms and saute for about five minutes or until they start to brown.
- Return cooked onions and garlic to the skillet with the mushrooms and add cooked rice noodles. Stir everything together.
- Top vegetables and noodles with the spicy cashew sauce you made and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Finally, top with chopped scallions
If you’d like, you can garnish your Thai stir fry with cilantro, red pepper flakes, or chopped cashews.
Ezra Cohen Montreal has plenty of delicious recipes with nut butter just like this one! Check them out for more incredible recipe inspiration. And be sure to browse the Ezra Cohen Montreal line of nut butters for the best nut butters to cook with.