Ezra Cohen Montreal Paleo Almond Butter Bars
The all-natural Almond Butter from Ezra Cohen Montreal is great for a lot of things, including these deceivingly healthy Paleo Almond Bars! Non-bake and oh-so-simple, they’re as perfect for breakfast as they are for dessert, with a chocolate layer that provides a delicious bite next to the smooth and creamy almond butter base. Best yet, they’re Paleo, vegan, and dairy-free, with a ton of different ways to mix up the recipe and make it all your own while still meeting your diet and lifestyle goals.
Next time you’re craving a treat, whip up our awesome Paleo Almond Butter Bars with dark chocolate and sea salt. They’re a little sweet, a little salty, and a whole lot of goodness. We know you’re going to love ‘em.
Chocolate and Sea Salt Almond Butter Bars (Paleo and Vegan)
For the base:
- 1 ½ cups Natural Almond Butter from Ezra Cohen Montreal
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the dark chocolate and sea salt topping:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, almond flour, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. The texture will be a little bit sticky. Press into your prepared pan and place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. While your base is setting, mix together chopped almonds with sea salt and set aside. Then melt your dark chocolate (you can melt the chocolate on 30-second increments in the microwave; stirring in between). When the base is ready, pour melted dark chocolate on top and use a spatula to evenly spread it out. Sprinkle the top with your chopped almond and sea salt mixture. Place in the fridge for at least two hours.
4. Cut into bars and enjoy. Bars can be kept in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Other Topping Ideas
Want to sprinkle your bars with something a little bit different? These Paleo toppings will all go deliciously on top of your dark chocolate layer:
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Dried fruit, such as cherries, mango, or blueberries
If you love this recipe and want to see more great Paleo and vegan options, check out the Ezra Cohen Montreal Recipe Blog, where we share tons of great healthy meals, snacks, and sweets, all of them made with nutritious nut butter—including our un-“beet” able Almond Butter Beet Dip!