Get ready to experience our mouth-watering cashew butter stir fry, a unique fusion of flavors that will leave you asking for more. For those who love a twist on classics, think of this as a vegetarian take on the traditional cashew chicken stir fry. This recipe combines the tender crunchiness of vegetables with the decadent, creamy delight of cashew butter.
Discover the culinary brilliance of Ezra Cohen Montreal with this exquisite recipe showcasing our premium cashew nut butter. Elevate your weeknight dinner routine, all from the comfort of your own kitchen.
The cashew butter stir fry is a harmony of different ingredients. The heart of the dish is the cashew butter, renowned for its creamy texture and nutty flavor. The olive oil brings its own subtle flavor while also assisting in sautéing the vegetables. Onions and garlic form the aromatic base of the dish, releasing their distinct flavors upon sautéing.
Mushrooms provide a satisfyingly meaty texture, while the bright, fresh snap peas add a sweet crunch. The bedrock of the dish, rice noodles, is known for its versatility, absorbing all the flavors beautifully.
The stir-fry sauce is a masterpiece in itself. Spicy Sesame Oil lends a fiery kick, balanced perfectly by the salty umami of soy sauce and the zesty tang of lime juice. Coconut sugar and mirin add a hint of sweetness, with rice vinegar providing a pleasant sourness. Water is essential to achieve the desired consistency of the sauce.
Before we get into the instructions, here are some tips for stir fry: be sure to prep all your ingredients beforehand, as stir-frying is a quick process. Additionally, using a large enough pan will prevent overcrowding and ensure your ingredients cook evenly.
- 2-3 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/3 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- 8 oz White Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Sugar Snap Peas (sliced or whole)
- Rice Noodles, prepared as per package instructions
Cashew Butter Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/3 cup Ezra Cohen Montreal’s Cashew Butter
- 2 tbsp Spicy Sesame Oil (you can also use regular sesame oil combined with hot sauce)
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp Water, adjusted to desired consistency
- Begin by preparing your stir fry sauce. Combine all the sauce ingredients (excluding water) in a bowl and mix well. Gradually add water, stirring until you reach the desired consistency.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add chopped onion and minced garlic, sautéing for about 3-5 minutes until they start to brown. Once done, transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat another 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and sauté the sliced mushrooms for approximately 5 minutes until browned.
- Incorporate the snap peas into the skillet, sautéing for 2-3 minutes until they reach your preferred tenderness.
- Return the onion and garlic to the skillet, combine with cooked rice noodles, and mix well.
- Drizzle with the desired amount of sauce, ensuring an even coat on all ingredients. Stir well.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh cilantro, crushed red pepper flakes, and toasted cashews before serving.
We hope you relish this delightful cashew butter stir fry! Browse through Ezra Cohen Montreal’s diverse range of nut butter to discover more delicious options for your culinary adventures. Feel free to contact us today for any questions or comments. Enjoy!