Delectable Nut Butter Easter Cookies
Need some last-minute easter cookie ideas to fill your baskets? The kids will love these adorable easter cookie cups made with rich buttercream frosting and a tasty nut butter by Ezra Cohen McGill.
With a combined prep and baking time of 20 minutes, you can easily create and decorate your cute nut butter easter cookie cups with all sorts of treats. For this recipe, we’ll be using M&M’s to give off the appearance of tiny easter eggs to make your basket that much more festive.
Here’s what you’ll need in this recipe:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup Brazil nut butter (we’re using this Ezra Cohen Montreal product)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- green food coloring
- m&m’s (peanut or regular)
How to Make Nut Butter Easter Cookie Cups
These easter cookie cups are a breeze to make, and the indent molds provide great space to layer our rich buttercream frosting towards the end. Let’s go through the steps to make your cookie cups.
- Make Your Batter – In a mixing bowl, combine your sugars, shortening, Brazil nut butter, vanilla and salt, making sure to mix well. Add eggs and milk as you mix, until creamy. Fold in flour and baking soda.
- Scoop Your Dough – With a cookie scoop (preferably large), place dough in the cup of a greased muffin tin.
- Press Your Indents – Using a tart press or a similar utensil, make an indent into the center of each scoop, which will act as the mold for your cookie cup.
- Bake & Let Cool – Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely. Note: Your cookie cups will rise while they are baking, and go down when they are cooling.
Now that your cookie cups are shaped and baked, it’s time to begin your buttercream frosting! We decided to go with green to mirror the color of grass, just to add some extra charm to our basket treats.
- Mix Frosting Ingredients – In a large bowl, combine butter, milk, vanilla and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until ingredients are smooth and creamy, which will take about 5 minutes. Then add the remaining powdered sugar and your green food coloring until the frosting takes color.
- Pipe Into Cookie Cups – Carefully take your frosting and pipe it into your cookie cups. Be sure to add frosting all the way into the cups, otherwise the layer may fall off on a bite.
- Decorate! – Whether you’d like to do this beforehand, or with your kids, have fun decorating your cookie cups in whatever way you please! For the closest resemblance to easter eggs, peanut M&M’s work great, and compliment the flavors very well.
Enjoy your nut butter easter cookies and dazzle up those baskets! This recipe is super simple and provides endless fun for you and the family. We hope you enjoyed this easter cookie recipe using special Brazil nut butter by Ezra Cohen McGill. For more recipes using any nut butters in the Ezra Cohen Montreal product line, check out our website or contact us today to learn more.