Ezra Cohen Montreal Explains How To Make Pecan Pie Fat Bombs
Eating keto doesn’t have to mean giving up sweets—case in point: these unbelievable pecan pie fat bombs! Chockful of good for you proteins and fats and free of any added sugar, these cute little balls are exactly what you need to fulfill your sweet tooth without sacrificing your keto progress. And they’re so delicious you don’t even need to be doing the Keto Diet to enjoy them.
We wanted to make our pecan pie fat bombs a bit more special, so we used our much loved Ezra Cohen Montreal Praline Pecan Butter as the binder. They’re super easy to make, and we just know you’ll love these as much as we do. Here’s what you need to do.
Pecan Pie Fat Bombs
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup Ezra Cohen Montreal Praline Pecan Butter
- 3 tbsp hazelnut flour, almond flour, or other wheat-free flour of your choice
- 3 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. Chop your pecans if they’re not pre-chopped. You can either do it with a knife or by pulsing them a couple of times in the food processor. Note that the ½ cup measurement refers to chopped pecans, and not whole pecans.
2. Once pecans are chopped, combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse for 1-2 minutes to combine. The finished mixture should be crumbly, with the oil well dispersed throughout. Be careful not to over blend, since you don’t want your mixture to be too creamy or nut butter-like.
3. Divide the mixture into small, evenly sized balls using your hands or a cookie scoop. You should be able to make about 10 balls. Place on a plate or a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes before eating. Optional: Roll each ball in a thin layer of extra chopped pecans or unsweetened coconut shreds before putting in the fridge to cool.
Store your pecan pie fat bombs in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer and take one out whenever those sweet cravings hit. Bombs will remain fresh for about one week.
At Ezra Cohen Montreal, we’re committed to helping you meet your nutrition goals with healthy recipes that only seem like indulgences. Check back with our blog regularly for more great new recipes, and get in touch if you ever have any questions.