One of the best things about our peanut butter blossoms recipe is that it’s so versatile! Make delicious cookies to give away during the holidays, or bake a batch to enjoy at any time of the year. Alter all, who doesn’t love a plate of freshly baked cookies?
Traditionally, Christmas peanut butter blossoms are made with peanut butter (obviously). However, we suggest substituting peanut butter for one of Ezra Cohen Montreal’s nut butters! The Natural Cashew Butter is creamy with a hint of natural sweetness. It’s the perfect ingredient to put a new spin on this classic recipe, and even better for those with a peanut allergy!
Ingredients For Our Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Here’s what you’ll need to make natural peanut butter blossoms:
- 1-1/2 cups packed and leveled all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut or Ezra Cohen Montreal Natural Cashew Butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for coating the cookies
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 36 Hershey’s kisses
Follow these steps for yummy cookies:
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add butter, nut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat the wet ingredients with a stand mixer or hand mixer for about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and beat again for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet while mixing. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a small bowl with granulated sugar.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator. Scoop about a tablespoon of dough out and roll into a ball.
- Coat the ball in sugar and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until the baking sheet is full, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place a Hershey’s kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place cookies on a baking tray. Allow them to cool completely before enjoying!
Browse Ezra Cohen Montreal Natural Nut Butters
Ezra Cohen Montreal Nut Butters are the perfect addition to any kitchen pantry. Each flavor is made with high-quality, natural ingredients that can’t be beat. Contact us if you have any questions about our nut butters and ingredients!