The newest recipe from Ezra Cohen, McGill University food enthusiast, applies a healthy spin on an otherwise classic breakfast staple. Everyone loves pancakes (unless you’re on team waffles), and as a morning favorite everywhere, we’ve decided to share one of our recipes for creating your very own nut butter pancakes.
Staying true to our belief that healthy food doesn’t have to taste bad, we’ve concocted what we’re calling one of the best “peanut butter” pancake recipes around. These are perfect healthy treats for kids, adults, and the entire family. Just keep reading below and you’ll be cooking up a batch of these nut butter cakes in no time!
Here’s Exactly What You’ll Need
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ¼ cups of milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup of Ezra Cohen Montreal nut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
The best part about pancakes (other than their taste) is how easy they are to make. For today’s recipe, the entire preparation process takes very little time, and between the prep and the cooking, you shouldn’t need more than 30 minutes to make one batch.
- Bring your pan, or griddle (preferred) if you have one, to a medium heat
- Combine, and evenly mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl
- Using a separate mixing bowl, combine the milk with the mashed banana, canola oil, vanilla extract, egg, and your choice of Ezra Cohen nut butter
- Combine both bowls of ingredients by slowly whisking the milk mixture into the flour mixture until the contents are thoroughly blended together
- Once your pan or griddle has reach the the optimal temperature, ladle the batter onto the surface using ¼ cup measurements and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Once you see small bubbles forming in the batter, flip them and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the bottoms have been browned
- Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes have been made
- We recommend letting them cool down for a couple minutes before serving
We put healthy twists on everyday classics, it’s our bread and (nut) butter. At Ezra Cohen, we know that the average individual is looking for that balance of nutrition and taste, a solution that gives them the best of both worlds. That’s how our nut butters are changing our customers, we show them there is still a way to enjoy your favorites without the food guilt that accompanies them. Check out our inventory today, and start creating your favorite classics!
Leave a Comment